This sweet and tangy orange maple salmon recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make and has only five ingredients. Plus it’s a hit with the kids! All around a perfect weeknight meal for the family!
This orange maple salmon recipe is awesome. I’m just going to put it out there. It has 5 ingredients, takes less than 30 minutes to make, and is a hit with kids and adults alike. Plus, if you’re on a gluten-free, egg-free, nut-free, or dairy-free diet, it’s a winner all around for you! I can’t wait for you to try it out on your family, but before you do, let me tell you a little bit more about this easy oven-baked salmon recipe.
Six Thumbs Up
I honestly don’t even remember how this Orange Maple Salmon recipe came about, but it was such a delicious combination that brought my husband to rave about fish (especially impressive since it’s taken quite some time to get him to enjoy salmon. The other fish recipe he now loves is this Mediterranean Sheet Pan Salmon.) After getting two thumbs up him and each of my girls – making 6 thumbs up total – I knew I needed to add it to my pile of go-to fish recipes. It is truly what I would consider a quick and easy recipe.
All you need are five ingredients for this Orange Maple Salmon: salmon, orange juice, maple syrup, mustard, and garlic. (Note, I don’t count salt and pepper as ingredients – they are staples you should have on hand!) The only prep involved is squeezing oranges and mincing garlic, but if you want to save even more time you can use bottled orange juice and pre-grated garlic, like this from Dorot or Gourmet Garden.
Easy Meal Prep
You really can’t get easier than this recipe when it comes to meal prep. Just whisk together the sauce ingredients, brush it on your salmon filet, and bake or roast in a 400 degree F oven. If you’re prepping ahead you can also set it all up and then just cover it on the baking sheet or a plate and keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to cook – just be sure you cook it within a few hours.
Serve this Orange Maple Salmon with your favorite side of vegetables and whole grains and you have the perfect, balanced weeknight dinner.
The first time I made this Orange Maple Salmon I served it with Cookie + Kate’s Lemony Lentil and Chickpea Salad with Radish and Herbs (pictured with the salmon above), and on other occasions I’ve served it with Garlicky Green Beans, Golden Roasted Cauliflower, and Miso-Roasted Vegetables (including broccoli and carrots). It would also go great with my Cranberry Ginger Sorghum Salad or Maple-Roasted Delicata Squash Quinoa Salad
However you choose to serve it, trust me you’ll enjoy it – especially the fact that it was so easy to make!
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, (I used freshly squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced or grated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper,, to taste
- Preheat oven to bake or roast at 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil* and place salmon fillet on top, skin side down.
- In a small mixing bowl or measuring cup, whisk together orange juice, maple syrup, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper, to taste. Brush a few layers of sauce on fish and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness. If the top isn't golden, broil salmon for 2-3 minutes more.
- While the fish is cooking, heat marinade in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes at 70% power. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Serve salmon with reduced marinade on top. Enjoy!
I do not grease the foil on the baking sheet so the salmon skin sticks to the foil, which makes it easier to release the cooked salmon from the skin.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 285mg Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 22g