Dark chocolate, creamy greek yogurt, and sweet strawberries are the perfect combination in this frosty, heart-healthy Valentine’s Day Dark Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie!
Raise your hand if you love chocolate covered strawberries… Are you raising your hand? If so, you’ll love this Dark Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie! I’m definitely a believer that chocolate makes just about everything and anything better, and a healthy morning smoothie is no exception!
Ingredients & Preparation
This Dark Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie is a perfect sweet treat to make for your sweetie on Valentine’s Day. It looks and tastes deceivingly decadent, but is actually made with healthy Greek yogurt, frozen berries, and delicious dark cocoa powder for a bold chocolate taste.
The unsweetened dark cocoa powder contains flavonoids, which act as antioxidants in plants and can reduce inflammation without the added sugar most chocolate squares contain. So, yeah, this decadent Valentine’s Day treat is actually good for you!
In the spirit of this day of love, stick two straws in this smoothie so you can share with your Valentine. After all, this recipe makes enough for two! Who knew a healthy Valentine’s Day treat could be this sweet?!
When you make this smoothie, be sure to use frozen strawberries to get the thick and frosty consistency without needing to add any ice. If you only have fresh berries on hand, add about 1/2 cup of ice so that you can get the perfect thickness.
Dark Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie
- 1/2 cup nonfat or lowfat strawberry Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup skim milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup ice (only if using fresh berries)
- Place all ingredients in a blender (or Bullet, food processor, etc.) and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with sliced fresh strawberries, if desired. Enjoy immediately!