We eat with our eyes just as much as our mouth, which is why it’s so important to make dishes that are visually appealing in addition to tasting good. For all your weekend barbecues and gatherings this time of year, take a traditional dish and make it more nutritious, delicious, and pretty to look at with this recipe for Red Cabbage Slaw. Red cabbage, orange carrots, and green mint come together to add a bright spot to your plate and a herbacious, light flavor to your palate!
- 1 small head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped mint
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- Combine the shredded cabbage, grated carrots, and most of the chopped mint in a large bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl or a measuring cup, whisk together the vinegar, lime juice, honey, and olive oil.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to mix. Garnish with the remaining chopped mint. Serve immediately or let sit for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally for flavors to set in.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 -10
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Sodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Do you have a favorite Nutritioulicious eye-popping recipe?