5 Quick Tips to Maintain Weight Loss In The Fall
This post was written by Tiana Yom.
For many people, it tends to be easier to lose weight and maintain the weight loss during the spring and summer months, thanks in large part to the numerous outdoor activities we participate in and the greater tendency to eat fruits and vegetables. During the fall and winter, weight loss becomes more difficult to maintain – there aren’t as many fruits and vegetables in season, , we tend to eat and drink more to warm up our bodies, and of course the good ole holidays often lead to big meals and less exercise. Don’t despair – just because it’s getting chilly outside doesn’t mean you need to go up a size.
Here are 5 simple tips to maintain weight loss during the fall and winter:
- Stay Hydrated! The catalyst for most of our cravings is dehydration. So grab a glass of room temperature water before reaching for a bag of chips.
- Take advantage of what’s in season. Have some fun with fall vegetables such as corn and squash! Here is a Nutritioulicious recipe for delicious Corn & Basil Cakes. Yum!
- Always start your day with a fibrous breakfast. Fiber will keep you satiated and help you get through rush-hour mornings. Here is a refresher of year-round insoluble and soluble fibrous foods.
- Take part in daily physical activity. It will keep your energy level up, your muscles strong, and your calorie balance in check. Check out these past Nutritioulicious posts on stretches and core exercises.
- Sleep! According to the NIH, chronic sleep deprivation may cause weight gain by affecting the way our bodies process and store carbohydrates, and by altering levels of hormones that affect our appetite.
If you have maintained weight loss and a healthy lifestyle throughout the year please share your story with other Nutritioulicious readers!